Friday, January 12, 2018

Scrappy blue bow ties and dogs in sweaters

I wasnt going to make a new quilt....really....but I just couldn't resist these bow ties. I saw a quilt on Instagram that I just fell in love with. It was all bow ties plus a pretty border. I may not do the border but the scrappy bow ties are calling my name. SO, as my scrap challenge quilt this year, I'm doing these... along with finishing up two I started last year.


I made a bunch of the blue blocks since that's January's color of the month. Then because these are so much fun, I made a ton more in all kinds of colors. I've done 60 or more blocks the past week and am now putting some together into 16 patches. This is going to be a fun old-fashioned quilt. 


So these dogs.... they're a pain in the ... well, they have about 50 pieces per block and some are so tiny I have to get out my special glasses to make sure they're on correctly. But, as much as I complain, I do love them. They are turning out so darn cute. I have 4 made now and will need 15 total. The next 11 Im doing all at once.... I'm making all the feet, all the ears, all the sweaters, etc for all of them, then I'll put all of them together at once.
And my third project that Im working on is quilting my husbands quilt, which is the UFO of the month. I'm hoping that by the end of the month Ill have two of these projects completed. Yeah, right. 

2 comments:

Karen said...

I have seen a few of the dogs in sweaters quilts made up. I think they are so cute.

Cathy said...

Well of course bow ties are resistible! (I got hooked on them last year). But we’re in good company with several others and the quilts will be so cute when done!! Great start!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...