Thursday, August 24, 2017

Six-Pointed Star Quilt Top is ALMOST DONE


All the stars are done and now I'm working on large triangles to give the quilt a nice straight edge.


I taped a bunch of the star paper pieces together to come up with this large triangle...then cut a bunch out of card stock. 


This deep green is a vintage feedsack and the red, blue and yellow flower print is from an old apron. There's a lot of old pieces mixed in.


It's going to need a really good pressing then I can get it ready for hand quilting. Yup, hand quilting! I feel like it NEEDS to be hand done since I've been hand piecing it for the past eight years.
And hopefully the quilting won't take as long as the piecing!

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...