Monday, August 28, 2017

English paper piecied stars quilt top is done!




It's FINALLY done...after nearly 8 years! English paper piecing is slow but SO worth it. Now I'll start the hand quilting. I'm still trying to decide exactly how I'll be doing it... Design and all....but I think it will go onto my quilt frame by the living room windows. Fall/winter will be here in no time and that will give me a good amount of light.


Now that the epp project is finished I decided to tackle some tops that needed quilting. There are three waiting....well, actually MORE than three, but three that are hanging in the sewing room. This spools and bobbins quilt will be first.



Harry dog came to visit for a bit yesterday while I was sewing and Al was cooking. It was national DOG day so he got to have his picture taken.


Al made us fresh lake perch for dinner...OH. MY. GOSH! Fantastic! 


And now that the EPP stars quilt top is done I'm making more hexagon flowers for Jenn. Can't go anywhere without taking a little hand project....

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...