Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Start of a new quilt, finish of an old one

This is the start of, YES ANOTHER, new quilt. As I was stitching the binding down on another UFO, I started thinking about a new quilt using my stash of pink, orange and yellow Kaffe Fassett fabrics. When I was at the local quilt shop, I found the nicest background for these bear paws. It's a creamy/beige modern weave print. It is subtle enough to allow the Kaffe to pop and with just a hint of warmth. 
These blocks are large ... About 14" sq. I think I'll make 20 blocks...that should make a decent sized quilt...with sashing and maybe a few borders. 

I've been cutting and cutting...going to need a pile of HSTs and 2-1/2" squares.



And here's a quick little project I squeezed in...it's going to be a pillow. Where? No idea. It was going to be for my foyer seat but the color needs to be toned down a bit for in there. So I'm thinking it would be cute in the TV/sewing room...on the couch. 




And here's my latest finish. This fabric line is from Moda called HONEY. Originally I was going to add a flying geese border around it but after looking at it a while I decided something simpler would be better. 


I ended up with the geese on the back (color is horrible in this pic)


And here's my latest fabric finds! The local shop is carrying a BEAUTIFUL line of Art Gallery Fabrics! Yum! Had to buy a little of that, of course.


2 comments:

anna said...

I love the color of the corner stone, goes well with Kaffe

Northern Deb said...

Thanks Anna. I cut 20 solid squares from 10 different colors. Most were solids that the shop had next to the Kaffe fabrics to coordinate...makes it so easy when they do that.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...