Friday, February 17, 2017

Playing with scraps

This is a new block I'm playing with to use up 1-1/2" scrap strips. The blocks finish at 7" so I'm going to put them on point and use a light background in the alternating spots so that the quilt will be light and colorful. Plus I like how these blocks look almost circular from a distance.

And as of today I finished the last scrappy #triparoundtheworldblocks ...42 of them. This was made JUST from scraps.... I cut up a bunch of small scraps into 2-1/2" strips and squares. The squares went into this. I have a small pile of squares left...guess those will go in the scrap box for now.
Tomorrow, or Sunday, I start putting the blocks together for a lap sized top... 60"x70"....no borders...just quilt and bind.

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the new blocks and the 'trip' quilt turned out wonderfully!

Northern Deb said...

Thank you...now to get the trip around the world finished. I REALLY don't need another UFO🙃

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...