Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Cold snowy days...quilting days


Cold, windy and snowy today....perfect for staying in and quilting.

Al and I woke up to what sounded like a blizzard outside. It doesn't help that we sit really high up in the subdivision so there's no stopping that Lake Michigan wind.
Since I have a bunch of almost completed quilt tops I decided that 2017 should be the year of finishes. With any luck I'll get the 20-30 quilt tops and blocks finished.... DONE! 

So this is the final border needed on my modern sampler. Put on a 2-1/2" white border to just set the binding apart from the top. Orange binding? Or red? Still thinking about that. 
I have it all pin basted now so if we aren't watching our grandson tomorrow then I'll start the quilting. 

I have no idea what type of quilting I'm going to do...probably something modern and linear.

So the other day I decided to cut up this sweater and turn it into a pillow. Turned out nice.


Harry dog seems to like it!





2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I need to get a finish or two done a month - this is just lovely! Oh, I like the idea of the sweater pillow.

Northern Deb said...

Two a month would be a good start...not sure that sounds possible...that would be one every other week...yeah...not gonna happen but gonna try ☺

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...