Sunday, November 13, 2016

Modern Solid Sampler quilt ready to baste

I've been working on my civil war quilt a lot lately and needed some COLOR! This scrappy solid quilt is ready for quilting so I'm taking a break from dark colors to do this. 
Originally I planned to add a border but I've changed my mind...it's big enough for a lap quilt and that's all it was meant to be. This was just a way to use up blocks that I auditioned... If I wanted to try a block or quilt pattern, many times I make one block. If I like the process or technique I start the quilt. I've been making my tester blocks in solids knowing that someday I would have enough for a modern solid sampler. There's some that were so bad they didn't even make the cut for this quilt...and one in here that was soooo time consuming I only made 1/2 a block (the red & white block to the left of center).
So onto the quilting....

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Now that is a great idea. I make test blocks prior to diving in too - but love the idea of making them in solids for this kind of sampler. Pretty and so useful.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...