Friday, January 30, 2015

Found a new little quilt shop

Al and I went up to Suttons Bay today to shop and found a new shop had opened this year....my favorite kind of store, a quilt shop called Cherry Country Quilts! I met the owner and her husband...both very nice people. She has a nice variety of fabrics...some 30's reproductions,some batiks, a nice assortment of modern fabrics, some Kaffe and some civil war. I bought some of the Kaffe for a border on my Kaffe log cabin. I have 28 more blocks to make and then I'll start the borders.

7 comments:

scottylover said...

Love the way your quilt is coming together!

Sandy

Northern Deb said...

Thank you, Sandy...it's going to be a surprise for someone in my family that hasn't received a quilt from me yet. Hoping she likes it.

Scrapatches said...

Finding a new quilt shop is always a fun adventure. The WIP is looking good ... love the fabrics ... :) Pat

Northern Deb said...

Thanks, Pat...I'm an hour away from my old shop (since we moved) so it was a very nice surprise.

scraphappydenise said...

Deb good to see you are quilting and blogging again... I've missed seeing your beautiful projects.!

I originally thought You must be crazy to start a second home, until I saw the view from your dream lot...

your little grandson is adorable, I don't think I could set him down either.

Northern Deb said...

Nice to talk to you also...I've been peeking on quilt and needle and saw some of your finishes...VERY impressed! The newest house is going to be wonderful for both of us....Al will be getting a 4 car garage (hes like your hubby...loves his cars) and I'll get a nice big sewing room...win win. And we'll be within a few miles of our grandson. Thats the best part.

Karen said...

The shop looks light and bright. It is hard to tell the colors of fabric in a shop without good lighting.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...