Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Getting ready for baby

Yesterday my daughter stopped by work to visit me. Most of you know I work at a quilt shop....so while I worked, she shopped. I'm in the process of making her some burp pads for her baby boy...due in July. She picked out some of these fabrics from Moda Bartholo-meow's Reef. The backs will be plain white flannel...front will be one piece of fabric or patchwork...probably do a few of each.


   
Another purchase of hers was a pack of Block Frenzy fabrics. Each month and a half, we have a Block Frenzy drawing for 12" blocks. Winner takes ALL the blocks made!
 For every block you make, your name goes into the pot once. They have to be made from that months fabrics...this month it's April Showers. The little packs are five fabric about 8 or 9" square for 2.75.
I made two blocks and jenn will be making a couple. We hope to win all the blocks and make a cute sampler quilt. 
The one above is my first entry.

This is some of my scraps from making the blocks...have enough to make one more block...maybe a postage stamp block?
Anyone can enter...no matter where you live. Mail the 12" (finished size) to Hearts to Holly Quilt Shop to enter.

 Another project that got a little time today is my farmers wife quilt. Some of the setting blocks got finished so I added a couple of rows to my quilt....getting there ;)


Oh, so while I was taking pictures of my quilt, I thought I would take one of another project...but not of a quilty nature.

 Al painted the porch floor outside my sewing room...now it's nice and clean and white...a perfect backdrop for my pictures. I don't think either of us realized that bonus.
Here's the first burp pad...never made one before so I'm just winging it on size, etc. The fabric is Storybook. There are adorable airplanes and clouds on it... Perfect for a little boy.

On the back I have the flannel and two "pockets" to catch large spit ups. Now to make a bunch more and maybe some Peepee Teepees. Anyone know of a good site for some free patterns for either of these?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the burp pads....your armer's Wife blocks are awesome....looking forward to seeing more...

hugs and stitches

Debbieann from Canada

Northern Deb said...

Thank you Debbie...working on more farmers wife blocks today.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...