Saturday, February 25, 2012

Happy Mochi Yum Yum Star Sampler Blocks 

Worked on my Happy Mochi Yum Yum Star Sampler a little today. I finished up 2 blocks of this yellow star and two blocks in the green.This has been a fun quilt to make. It's mostly flying geese and half square triangles which I'm doing using Thangles. I started off using a special ruler for the hst but found that Thangles fit on a 2-1/2" jelly roll strip perfectly.

After that I decided to spend a little time on my Civil War Spools Quilt. The center was all English paper pieced using the spools templates. I added a few borders to the center and now I'm getting ready to add a dark green border followed by some 9-patch blocks. After that I'll probably add more of the civil war gray that is surrounding the red below.
This is the package of paper pieces I'm using.... plus some of my new civil war fabric... Sue from Hearts to Holly Quilt shop in Charlevoix just got these beauties in. I bought a little of each of the grape clusters and some of the little mini American flags. 

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Love the spool blocks - never done them as EPP - only hand pieced and machine pieced.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...