Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cute vintage fabrics in this old quilt

I'm working on repairing the great old quilt I found and wanted to show all of you some of the cute fabrics in it. Some are feedsack... like the little bubble girl and the one below it. I love the first one that is gray and an odd green. This has been a really nice pastime for me... checking out all these fabrics as I repair. Pretty soon I'll be replacing the binding, though. It's worn right through. I'm going to see if I can find the exact color of lavender but if not, I'll use one of the other solid colors that are in the quilt.

2 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Oh wow... what a lovely old quilt... the fabrics are so cool! What a great thing to do... repairing the quilt so it can continue to be used and enjoyed!

Rebecca P said...

What wonderful fabrics, I think I like the butterflies, & the girl under the tree. What a special find that quilt is.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...