Wednesday, January 12, 2011

We're back in Arizona

Al and I have arrived in WONDERFUL Arizona... it's sooooo nice and warm! We got a call from DD2 this morning and she told us we missed out on 5+ inches of snow... OH DARN! LOL It's high 60's here and sunny. We are all unpacked and have my temporary sewing room all set up. I need to get to work on a few swaps that I haven't mailed out yet. Rebecca, your scrappy strip blocks are first :)

This is a picture of the quilt I made for my mom and dad for Christmas. It's all out of brushed cotton (flannel?) with a poly batting. It's so nice and warm. I made one for Mom & Dad and one for Al & I. Ours is home in the lqs... a sample until next year. So far this is my favorite lap quilt. It was easy and very cozy.

I took a picture of the mitten that my daughter, Jenn, is making. She made two lefts using this wool so she gave me one and we both made a right to go with the other. This is a super simple pattern. Jenn and I also made Lisa a set also using some cute orange and gray stripe.

Well, today Al and I are going to head out to get the oil changed on the truck. It needs it after all those miles. Then we are off to shop a bit... get some walking in (all those Christmas pounds need to get burned up!) and maybe barbeque some dinner.
Got to say a quick hi to mom and dad and wish dad a
HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

No comments:

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...