Sunday, May 2, 2010

Civil War Block

Today I had a chance to sew for quite a few hours while Al was at work so I finished up my "log cabin" blocks for the Favorite Block Swap on Block Central. We're doing civil war fabrics and some of us are picking blocks from around the civil war time. Crossing my fingers and hoping I win a set of these in June... sure is going to be pretty!

I also worked on the signature block swap going on at Quilt and Needle. We are each making 23 little (3-1/2") signature blocks and then swapping with each other. I finished the sewing and just have to sign them. I'm not sure what I'll make when mine get home... maybe a tiny quilt for my sewing room... maybe a tote for taking to Chatter Time.

Later tonight I hope to work on some pillows that are going to someone special from our "chatter time" group. We all worked on blocks for her and turned it into a quilt and now we are making a couple of pillows and a pillow sham to complete the set. I know she's going to love this... it's all turning out REALLY nice. I'll take pictures after she receives it.

1 comment:

Rebecca P said...

Love your block Deb. Very yummy fabrics. Oh I hope I win these, I so love Civil War fabrics.
I have my blocks done, but thinking of using a different fabric, they turned out so pale.
Rebecca

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...