Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Movie Night!

This is a picture I took last night at about 2am. The film crew are shooting a scene where the "bad guys" have just torched the house and the cops are arresting them. The guy on the motorcycle is our friend and real estate person from town that is doing some stunt work for the movie. The second photo is a contolled burn of the house. The firemen are inside trying to put out the fire so that they can shoot another take. The fire got a little out of hand at one point and started the porch on fire but they cleaned it up quickly. We tried to stay to see the part where the whole house goes up in flames but it got to be 4am and Al was tired and frozen...went down to the 20's last night.


3 comments:

Rebecca P said...

How exciting to have a movie filmed near you. Do you know what the movie is?
We had a movie filmed in Aubun, It was Phnomanon, with John Tavolta. I know I didn't spell that right. However it was so fun watching the movie & recognizing all the places in town.

Northern Deb said...

I'm not sure of the name... it might be Frontier Boys? That's what I heard anyways..
Phenomenon..I love that movie! I had no idea it was filmed in your area.

Anonymous said...

Deb! They actually BURNED down that pretty house?? Oh, the horror!

I mean, it's exciting to have a movie made in your town, but aw, man, to burn that down?!?

There have been a few movies made in Edmonton, just up the highway about 10 minutes from me - the only one I remember had John Candy in it.

Gerda

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...