Wednesday, January 6, 2010

YES! The top is finished!

Finished the quilt top today!!! I'm so happy to have this much done and out of the way. Im planning on basting it tonight and then I'll pack it up to take with us when we head south. My brother-in-law won't be coming down to Phoenix until Easter so I have plenty of time to get the quilting done.
I planning on taking my sewing machine, lots of projects and lots of books. Quilting and binding this should keep me busy for the first few weeks. After that, I have an americana star pillow kit that I got for Christmas, to put together. That's going to be fun.... plus pillowcases for the swap on Blockcentral.....the Ugly challenge project for The Quilt and Needle. I don't think I'm going to be bored!

9 comments:

Lurline said...

Love your quilt - so very unique!
Hugs - Lurline♥

scraphappydenise said...

Deb - once again, you have done a wonderful job! that is perfect for your BIL. the colors and design suit each other very nicely. Masculine, and very clean and clear looking.

Quilting Comfort said...

Beautiful work Deb. Looks very intricate. Have a great time in Phoenix. Take lots of pic of your projectscrafty1

Rebecca P said...

It looks wonderful Deb, lots of areas for quilting.
Have a safe & fun trip.

SharonZ said...

Great quilt, Deb. You're just so talented! Wish I could go to Arizona with you--it's freezing and snowy here in NY.

Northern Deb said...

Thanks everyone. We're halfway to Phoenix.. should be there on Tuesday and sure hope we find the warm weather we're searching for!

Anonymous said...

LOOKS NICE MOM!!! The white/ cream really makes the design pop!
Jenn

Northern Deb said...

Thanks, Sweetie... Uncle Joe wants me to leave it on his bed so that no one touches it until he can see it at Easter. I think he's going to be pretty happy with it.

A frog in the quilt said...

I love it Deb! Especially the open corners in the first border. It certainly says Southwest!

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...