Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The top of the Americana "favorite block" swap is finally done (well, I might at side borders..not sure yet). I finished putting everything together and Im happy with the layout. Isn't it a beauty? I have to thank everyone at BC who made blocks for it because they all have such talent with picking designs and colors. These all look wonderful together and all the piecing of the blocks was perfect! Here's a closeup of some of the blocks. I added a year 2009 block , added BC in another and also my initials toward the bottom. This is my quilt to keep! I just love it :) I'll start quilting it next year because Christmas is coming and I've got quite a pile of things that need to be done first.
Here's a closeup of the top half. Time to pack it away for a few months but I just wanted to show everyone first. AND THANK MY FRIENDS!!




2 comments:

Sherry said...

I love the layout you have done with this top! You really have a way of making our work look good! Great Job!

Rebecca P said...

oh Deb, it looks beautiful indeed. I just love all the different block patterns. I love doing that favorite blk of the month. I must say the Americana theme was a good one.

First quilt finish this year

This is the first finish of 2023!  I wanted to get one of two "great niece " quilts finished. The top was made last year as part o...